how much should I spend to get a better turntable than my current turntable?

You want details hah!
I bet....

CURRENT: mmf-2.2. A lemon, a complete junk in my opinion. A disaster from the start. What I can I do with it? It was delivered with missing screws, the lift arm level broke in 3 months, all I got in the name of warranty a list of things not under warranty. I don't want to criticize the brand, maybe I just got unlucky, they are otherwise great. 

What should I get for the littlest investment that would work better than this wobbly, squeaky  thing? 

grislybutter

I too would favor a Rega.....they have much experience in building turntables.   I too would agree that any used turntable would need new parts (idler wheel, bearings, etc.) to even approach what they used to do.

If u are willing to be patient and will buy second hand look out for a technics sl1200 very solid and upgradable too.

Likewise check out for a classic dd from the 70’s

Linn LP12’s can be had for your kinda money too

So I had to compare it, I am an audiophile on some level (nowhere near the level of the folks here) after all.

It’s not a fair comparison, I got a a Rega P3. Three times (3X) the price.

I can say I grew very comfortable and happy with the Fluance. It’s a much better value for $500 than the Rega for $1400, The differences are small.

Here is what’s going for the Rega:

It feels different. It feels expensive, high quality.. The Fluance does not feel cheap but borderline pasticky. I love the design, the arm, and the Fluance platter.

I can say that the Rega is NOT a better looking unit than the Fluance. (It has 2 flaws, the height of the plynth is "wrong", it should be taller or shorter and the fluance logo is lame. Hard to see, hard to read, just a bad logo.)

When I touch them, what first stands out is moving the Rega arm and dropping it. It feels simple, firm, flawless, and screams of precision engineering. If dropping the arm sells, the Rega builders know what they are doing.

Lastly the sound. Hands does the Rega is more detailed, crisp, a bit brighter even. In a live recording, you can hear a lady cough in the back row.

It’s not a whole lot better because the Fluance sound IS great. It’s - if I had to quantify it - perhaps 10% better. But that 10% is pure and robust, net joy in my ear. It shows.

Now, is that worth almost a $1000 extra? It’s like falling in love, you don’t know what makes you happy until you know, until you stop looking.