What Power Cords for Rel S510 Subs?

I’m considering a pair of Rel S510s to go with my Diablo 300 and B&W 802 D2’s. I’ve invested quite a bit in cabling: Audioquest Dragon for my amp, Hurricanes for my source equipment, and Nordost Valhalla 2 for my speaker wire. I can clearly hear the difference between a Hurricane and a Dragon cord when powering my amp. The Dragon puts space and air around vocals and instruments with front to back depth.

There is no way I can afford anything better than two 3m Hurricanes for the Rel S510’s but my question is, how much do power cords matter for subs? Sadly for my wallet, I’ve found that higher grade cords do make a considerable difference for all my other components, verified through blind tests. Not as much as speaker cables, but still a big difference.

I also have a Innuos network isolation switch and also an Innuos USB reclocker, to support my Innuos Zenith Mk 3 streamer.

Does power cord quality matter less with subs than with everything else?

For the record I’ve seen other threads on this subject, with what seems to be consensus that power cords don’t matter with subs, but I was hoping others who, like me, appreciate the difference a top tier power cord can make, can comment on whether there truly is no benefit to using one when it comes to subs. Has anyone compared a Hurricane grade (or better) cord with a stock cord, connected to a high end sub?

nyev

I experienced a noticeable improvement when I replaced the stock cord on my REL S5/SHO with a Cerious GE Blue...which I already owned, but wasn’t currently using...they cost about $350 new, manufacturer direct...

I tested this with a Pangea 9awg cord on a REL 328-R. Couldn't hear a difference after an hour of back and forth testing. So, I wrote to REL. REL reported to me, when I asked, that they did testing and third party cords didn't make any difference. Others hear may disagree, but the fact that REL tested this put the issue to bed for me.

I only have experience with Shunyata.  I use the Everest power conditioner with a 20Amp Sigma power cable to a Shunyata outlet and Sigma NR to components, but Venom NR to a pair of RELS/812s.  My RELs cross around 25Hz, so they only do very lowest octave duty.  The real key to this system is the momentary 30Amps that the Everest can supply to each of six outlets and the NR ..noise reduction power cords.  All interconnects, including speaker cable is from Audioquest.  So, subs get a good cable, but not one of the bests.

Post removed 

@vonhelmholtz , your cords are comparable grade to my system’s cords so I am very interested in your results.  I see your subs don’t get the best cords, but did you TRY your subs with a Sigma NR to see if there is an improvement over the venom?    Second thing I’d be curious about is if you noticed an improvement with the Venom cords over a lower grade cord?

thanks!