What are the best loudspeakers under $4000 to re-create lifelike piano

Over the past 4 months I've spent time with five loudspeakers.  On a scale of 1-10 I'd rate them as follows in their ability (with my equipment in my room) to recreate a lifelike piano.  Tekton Lore - 6.5 (great scale but tonal accuracy and clarity somewhat lacking),    Kef LS50 - 7.0 (moderate scale but slightly better clarity and tonal accuracy)  Kef R500 - 8.0  (great scale and very good clarity and tonal accuracy), Spatial Audio M3TurboS -8.1 (great scale and very good clarity and tonal accuracy and very smooth)  Magnepan 1.7i - 9.0 (very good scale with excellent clarity and tonal accuracy - very lifelike).

In your room with your equipment, what loudspeakers are you listening too and how would you rate them for their ability to recreate a lifelife piano and if possible a few comments as to why?
snapsc

so I compared speakers with 3 cords of a piano intro from the Gypsy Queen by VM. I was sold when I heard it as if it were in the room. It was a low end Dynaudio monitor

I am a full-time trained classical pianist who still regularly perform on various grand pianos so let me chip in on this discussion.

I think the bare minimum speaker I've heard that is decent to listen to piano was ATC SCM19 though it's slightly over 4K for a pair, but if you pressed me I guess below 4K I might settle with an Amphion Argon 1. 

Currently using a Cabasse Riga setup and it's very lovely for piano and classical. 

It has been almost 5 years since I started this thread.  Over that time period, I've owned a bunch of different speakers and electronics.  With 5 years of trial and error and stating the obvious, rooms and electronics matter as much if not more than the speakers.  And....recordings with piano are all over the map in terms of how they attempt to spread the sound over two speakers.

I've also come to believe that a system/room/speakers that are capable of portraying a realistic piano may not be as convincing in other areas.  A recent example:

A buddy of mine has Maggie 3.7i's fronted by a Lyngdord 2170 used for its dac and room correction as a preamp into a Halo A21.  The Maggies are crossed at 80hz and an Audio Kinesis 4 sub array handles the bottom end.  The realism of a piano is really, really good...but...only if the volume is 80db-90db at the listening position.  Less than 80db  and the piano sounds lifeless and more than 90db and it is too bright.

The Maggies are equally convincing with stringed instruments...but only one or two at a time...more complex music that contains 4+ instruments and voices seem a little less clear and focused....and again have the volume limitation issue.

By comparison, I would say that my own system with an Oppo 205 into a Belles 22a pre into a Wells Immorata llST amplifier into Spatial Audio M3 Sapphires also does an excellent job with pianos....not quite as realistic as the Maggies but quite a bit better on all other music....and really good at 70db as well.

I draw no firm conclusions at this point and have no pronouncements to make...I just remain interest in everyone else's experiences.