Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
I'm not an authority on DAL models, but I did follow their progress because of owning Duntechs and my respect for John.

I thought all the DAL numbered (Roman style) models were preceded by SC. I don't remember that he produced a special line of Signature models.

The change from SC-IV to SC-IVa was the most significant upgrade. It was in response to a Stereophile review of the SC-IV which was favorable except for bass extension. That was likely the only time anyone criticized one of John's designs for lack of bass. The SC-IVa apparently did produce a more extended bass range.
I owned IVs and currently own IVAs. IMO the IVA is definitely a superior speaker. The IVA also cost twice what the IVs did.
I've been an SC-4(not 4A)owner for over 17 years. An almost exclusively classical music listener, I've never been less than satisfied with its bass performance. I've also heard some others refer to the SC-4s as being bright. With the right room setup and associated equipment, this is not an issue...Incidentally, list price for the SC-4s was $5000. List price for the 4A was $8500, not $10,000 as Rja asserts.
Sorry, correction: SC-4A in oak only was approx. $8000; in rosewood or cherry, approx. $8500.
SC stood for signature collection. The original SC-IV's had Morel 10 inch woofers. There was a switch to a version with 10 inch Vifa woofers which is what I owned and was the version most reviewed. I was told by Dunlavy the switch was done because the Morel's had to much variability in sample to sample response. The Vifa mids were improved also..I was supplied those mids as well as improved Vifa tweets along the way. With all those additional changes the speaker was still the IV. The IVa designation came about when the switch was made from Vifa 10's to the Scanspeak drivers. Tom