Speakers need to be placed close to back wall. Help

Hello all,

I want to buy my daughter and her husband a house-warming gift of a nice stereo. The problem is that the room they will probably want the stereo in simply won’t allow speakers to be place more than about 6-8" from the back wall. Any ideas of manufacturers and/or models that might work for them?

They listen to all kinds of music and I want to stay below 4K for used speakers.

Thanks in advance.

russ

Ag insider logo xs@2xrustler

+1 on Larsens for close to the wall. 

@rustler what amp or will that be purchased too? Room dimensions?

Cheers,

Spencer

Shank I haven’t been able to see the new house yet, so I’m not sure of the dimensions or where they will be placing their system exactly. I was thinking of going with a nice integrated amplifier, maybe one with a phono section because my son-in-law is a hipster who is into vinyl!  I will post more information as I get it, but it might not be for a couple weeks when I get to see the property. Thank you for your help

s bank. These Larsens look amazing.  I wish I could audition them somewhere near me!  

Some of these suggestions even have me considering switching my gear.  I love my Martin Logan Summit X speakers, but these new-fangled things have piqued my interest.  Can either the Buchardt or Larsen speakers really deliver big, medium sized room filling sound?

Rustler,

Not sure of the specifics of a "medium sized room", what are the dimensions?

Maybe try the Buchardts in your space before installing them in your daughter's space....that should give you an idea if they will work for you.