Has anyone heard the Cabasse Pearl or Akoya active speaker/amp/dac?

Read a great review on these and wondering if anyone has heard them and in general what might they sound like? Only us dealer is upscale, so no chance for me to do a serious listen to them. Either the $1800 each akoya or the 3500 each pearl. Either of these are in my price range.

Here is my interest. For family reasons, going to be in a second home for about 8 months starting in September. I am not going to be able to bring my home rig, so I am looking for an enjoyable alternative that is portable with a small footprint. As these Cabasse have a built in dac, it appears I could just bring all my digital files on a hard drive and plug it directly into the cabasse and control the whole thing via app.

thoughts?

meiatflask

I am in the same boat you are.  I am going to pick up the large pearl speakers in the next couple of weeks and I will let you know.  The guys from upscale love them.  I really want to go with the smaller ones, but my room is just a bit large.  I had a scheduled demo at Upscale, but could not make it.

Mattcone- anxious to hear your thoughts. What are your main speakers and rest of your gear? 

Hello, I am also very interested, how do the pearls sound? Today I have a hi-end system (gamut M7 speakers and Esotric amplification. I heard the pearl at the importer's store, but it was hard for me to understand if they would indeed sound good in my living room. Will the bass be tight and good, and will I still enjoy the hi-end sound with the pearl. I would be happy Would really appreciate it if you could share impressions of your new set.Thanks

I heard the Cabasse Pearl (smaller model) in a shop for 30 seconds I wasn't impressed. The sound was a little boomy and crispy on top. And then I saw the pricetag and ran away.