Room tuning or listen to as is condition?

*** I am not trying to create a debate or a quarrel with anyone. My discussions are purely having talks and to express one’s experiences. Also to learn fellow audio lovers passion. Please do not disrespect with hurtful words or expressions. Please be more forgiving and understanding in this discussion thread. Thank you." ***

Reading my discussion thread is one of my joyful audio life on Audiogon. I love people sharing their stories.

Today’s topic is simple. When you purchased a new pair of speakers, do you consider room tuning according to them? or just put the speakers as balanced as possible(e.g. same distance)?

I recently set up my personal Devore Fidelity 96/Orangutan speakers in my office listening room set up while I sent my demo unit SuperMon Isobaric to a friend. Yes I do own many different speakers other than Mon Acoustic Audio speakers as my audio life began before I met Mon Acoustic 😘

In my room, I have a square room (appr. 25ft x 15ft), when I first had this room set up, I could not hear the bass of SuperMon Isobaric as we have set up at AXPONA 2022. Since this is a new office in Artesia, CA, I decided to do some more thorough learning of my own space.

I need to learn how to post with an image here. I wanted to share my measurement graph from REW, not sure how to do this here.

Anyway, I found out I only needed one bass trap and an acoustic panel that reduced huge dip in my bass from right speaker. This side has a glass window that is causing weird cancelation of bass. Which I improved. Before the measurement, I had a bass trap for both speaker sides.

So please share your story on what procedures or what steps you go through when you set up your system.

128x128monacousticusa

Nice to see that room treatment is becoming significant in the audiophile community. And if you are lucky enough to one day have your own listening room, you can do whatever you want with it.

IT SERIOUSLY PAYS OFF! Worth every penny to my ears.

@jjss49 , I listen true nearfield, unable to modify 

room for my Revel Salon 2, and my bass sucks

@soixI usually try to gather the best information from all over the world... In this matter, I was shaped by Floyd E. Toole's lectures on electroacoustics... the opinions of professional builders of the best halls in the world (e.g. Vienna State Opera, Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory, Carnegie Hall in New York) ... The opinion of a person who has been tuning home audio for many years (MLSSA measuring complex, 32 band equalizers, measurements and frequency response correction in the listening area) ... own modest trial and error experience over 35 years in a hobby ... common sense ...