Most Musical 6NS7 tube for a Preamp?

A request for recommendations by those with experience with different 6SN7 tubes.

My system so far is a Pass Labs XA25 SS Amp, and a circa 1988 Tannoy FSMs.
The speakers operate at 4 ohms with a 94 sensitivity.

The room size is medium. Acoustically well treated.

I listen at lower volumes 60-75db. Vocals mostly.

I am looking for the most musical preamp, with a remote.

Budget is $3k. Used preferred. Better value.

Not considering anything from Schiit Audio.

Considering- Supratek Chardonnay.

Any other suggestions?

Tube Ideas?

Thank you!
chorus
There are a lot of good R2R DACs out there these days. I'm really enjoying my MHDT Orchid. There's a lot that's been written about the R2R NOS DACs in the last couple years and good options out there that don't cost a ton. 

I have a deHavilland UltraVerve 3 remote version since 2013. I have been through few preamps, the UV3 will stay. I bought mine new direct from Kara, I asked her to installed Mundrof silver gold in oil 2.2uf caps in mine, sounds excellent but if I do it all over again, I will pick Jupiter copper caps instead, the SGO is a little highlight in HF but none of the less the caps sound technically wonderful! This preamp has kickass bass line for a tube pre, if you want less bass just ask her to install 1.5uf coupling caps instead 2.2uf, peace!

Best

Griffin

BTW, the lowest for acceptable bass line is 1.0uf caps in place, anything less may sound imbalanced.

Surprised one of the most coveted 6SN7 tubes isn’t mentioned in this thread. I’ve seen Melz rated above all the bad boys, RCA and Ken-Rad. Iirc there’s a small window of time in the 50’s that are the best.

I’m using the Don Sachs D2 linestage, with all wood case, and it is working well with my VTL ST150, Pioneer M22, and PS Audio S300 amps. Also worked well with a friend’s Pass Volksamp. I'm using the Linlai E 6SN7 in it at the moment. Think I actually prefer them to the RCA grey and Ken-Rad black VT-231. But I could live with any of them.

Thanks,

Doug A

The best sounding 6SN7 I have tried in my Supratek Syrah preamp is the cheap Russian  military black base OTK.They are a bit microphonic however.They do sound very dynamic and vibrant though.The worst I have tried is the Shugyang Treasure CV181-Z which sounds quite muffled and dull.The USA Sylvania 6SN7GT black base is decent but a bit lifeless.What would be nice is something with the dynamics and vibrancy of the Russian military and the quietness of the others.Any suggestions.

By the way the Supratek is a fantastic sounding preamp.I own a Supratek Cabernet 300B as well.