Opinions: Martin Logan Renaissance 15a vs. Bowers & Wilkins 800D3

I have a choice between the ML Renaissance 15A used and Bowers & Wilkins 800D3 used, both are in great shape and priced near the same. I did attempt to listen to each under less than ideal conditions.

Which speaker would you pick and why?

128x128farne230

@farne230 What is the size of your room, and how far out can you afford to have the speakers from the wall? Properly set up, the ML can be incredibly holographic and engaging, with a wide sweet spot. The 800D3 may be more analytical, with a much smaller sweet spot. And both speakers will require about 5ft behind them to get the absolute best out of them. 

Wife said no to living-room so this area is out. Room 1 is a game room 16ft by16ft. Room 2  is 13x13.5ft.  

@farne230 I would cross out the B&W. They need more space than 16x16 to get the best out of them, though you could go with a smaller model. IMO the ML Renaissance will sound better especially as they will drive less reflections on your side walls and ceiling, and the room correction capabilities for the woofers will better pair it with your room. That said, given the room size, you could find much better-fitting speakers and likely spend much less, depending on how good of a deal you are getting for two you mentioned.

@farne230 

The Rotel Michi M8 monoblocks would be glorious and easily compete with the McIntosh. The B&W's need current to tame those big woofers. When I had a pair of 802d3s, my dealer recommended the Michi series over the Luxman M900u; he sells both brands! The Michi series is that good; however, the new Luxman M10x is in another league, albeit far above your suggested budget though.