Opinions: Martin Logan Renaissance 15a vs. Bowers & Wilkins 800D3

I have a choice between the ML Renaissance 15A used and Bowers & Wilkins 800D3 used, both are in great shape and priced near the same. I did attempt to listen to each under less than ideal conditions.

Which speaker would you pick and why?

128x128farne230

Showing 6 responses by farne230

Thank you"boxer12", and "jollygreenaudiophile2" great advise. I am curious, if I consider mon-blocks instead of MAC's MA12000 integrated amp, say Classe Delta Mono or MAC MC611 mono-blocks, what will I gain besides cost more and additional cables? The two rooms my wife will allow me to expand are small roughly 13ft x14ft and I don't plan on playing loud. 

I know what I am going to suggest may work is the integrated amp from McIntosh the MA12000 with a tube preamp built in and 350W per two channels. Your thoughts. Would this work well instead of using separates?

I appreciate every one who posted, I ended up purchasing the B&W 800D3 used from a local dealer at a good price, compared to what has been listed. Regarding the rest of the equipment, the dealer suggested Mac MA 12000 (new) or MC 611 or MC1.25 mono-Amps, didn't provide cables just a budget 7,000-11,000, Hifi Rose RS250 streamer, Mac MEN 220 room conditioner, Audioquest Niagara Power Filter and Quadraspire (stands).  I also would like a cd player and am/fm tuner (of course Mac has these products too). Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thank you

Wife said no to living-room so this area is out. Room 1 is a game room 16ft by16ft. Room 2  is 13x13.5ft.  

I am very close to  ordering the MC611 monoblocks and C2700 tube preamp and a Audioquest Niagara 5000 power conditioner. Cables, interconnect, stands, and music streamer are next (dealer suggested the HIFIRose RS250 (although I read on this forum there were some issues).