Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Thanks for the compliment @dayglow. I don’t often rate the SQ unless it’s way better or worse than my average. It’s so subjective, like the previous comments on Rough Mix. Excepting Deodato, what I played last night I’d consider reference SQ, about as good as it gets. Especially Breezin’.  Deodato Average +, or 7.5? On my system…

@bslon - Do you Have either of the albums "Prelude" or the reissue "2001" by Deodato? Just curious. I've loved his interpretation of "Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)" since I first heard it back in 1979. Really fantastic, IMHO, and the CTI releases have great sound quality.

Hey Tom, I also have Deodato 2 (1973 CTI) which too has some good covers. I agree that the CTI records usually sound pretty good. But I usually go with that MCA label because of “Peter Gunn”. 😎

@reubent "camp pendleton" is a very well-constructed song  which is so jangly-pretty you almost don't notice how dark and disturbing the lyrics are. "norcal girls" is very cracker-like and also hits you lyrically--i would played it straighter, without the ironic backing vocals and fiddle, but it's a good tune.