Niagara 5000 Vs Torus RM20 or PS Audio Power Plant 12

After upgrading my power cords, speaker wire, and adding a USB Reclocker, my system has become more highly resolving and I’ve become extremely sensitive to fluctuations in the quality of power.  After midnight, my system becomes insanely revealing, holographic, and unconstrained.  During the day, not so much.  I am wanting my system to sound like it does after midnight, all the time!  

My dealer loaned me their Niagara 5000, along with an older NRG-1000 20A cord to power it.  Remember I’m using a Dragon high current to my amp.

Results - love what it does to bass and overall drive, but compared to that “after midnight” totally unconstrained free-flowing sound with my amp plugged into the wall, with the Niagara 5000 powered by the old NRG-1000 cord, I found the mids and upper frequencies to be constrained.  Not terrible, but not like that glorious sound I get late at night.

I’m thinking / hoping that if I were to power the Niagara 5000 with a Dragon High Current, then maybe the mids and uppers won’t be so constrained?  Any thoughts on this?  The NRG-1000 is a far lower end cord vs the Dragon.

Also wondering how a Torus RM 20 or a PS Audio Power Plant 20 would compare. Not sure if I would be able to demo either of these however…

nyev

@[email protected] 

Which is the main problem with AC: voltage fluctuation or distortion (e.g. 300Hz harmonic)? One argument against power regenerators is that although it cleans up the AC distortion somewhat, once it goes through an amp or DAC, the distortions/ground loop created by the amp totally negates the cleaner power. His measurements are convincing. What do you think?

@nyev 

Hello, i am also user of Diablo 300, may I what is your recommendation between Niagara 5000 or PS Audio P12?

I may not charge Diablo 300 into this AC device but only to use this AC device for my other equipment like CD player and DAC.

Cheers.

Also consider the Puritan Audio PSM156 with their GroundMaster and RouteMaster. Many positive comments on this forum.

Puritan Audio Labs

Gryphon is designed to work straight off the wall. This perhaps doesn't mean that one can't improve it but it may mean that you have to try just about everything worth trying, including that German company making battery powered regenerators, or whatever it is they call it.

Another possibility - simply do critical listening past midnight.