Which pair of speakers changed your Hifi life?

*** I am not trying to create a debate or a quarrel with anyone. My discussions are purely having a talks and to express one's experiences. Also to learn fellow audio lovers passion. Please do not disrespect with hurtful words or expressions. Please be more forgiving and understanding in this discussion thread. Thank you." ***

Hopefully one day, someone would say "Mon Acoustic speakers were the turning point in my Hifi life".  😃

My 2ch-audio journey began when my uncle bought his BOSE system at his home (don't even know the model or never really heard it) in early 90s. Bose was rear and expensive in Korea(South) back then. So I started my own system with Bose Cinematics 2.1. Then moved on to Goldenear Triton 3, then to Triton 1. But more utilizing the speakers for AV set ups, not 2 ch stereo.   

When I had my first house, I bought a pair of Revel M105 speakers and I think these are the pair that really changed my audio life. My initial paring with M105 was Yamaha receiver. Then I tried goofie set up with center speaker 3.1 to see if it improves vocal in the songs I liked. We went through many combinations of system set up. I ended up with Chord Electronics set up. 

I still own them. Always struggle time to time, whether to sell them or not due to the number of pairs I own(out of a guilt). I cannot argue how many pairs of shoes my wife owns.  I pair them with NAD M10 (version 1) for my bedroom since my wife likes the warm and well rounded sound, and 80% its white design aspect. 

So what are the speakers that have impacted your life? 

128x128monacousticusa

When I was a teenager in the 70's, the first time I heard Klipsch LaScalas I was floored, finally got a pair in 2001. I've owned Khorns and Hersey II's in 93 but always wanted a pair if LaScalas.

Now being older, my horn fetish has expired and own a pair of Monitor Audio Platinum PL300ii for 2 channel and couldn't be happier!!

I was at a social gathering at a colleague's house back in the early 90's, and he had some music playing through a pair of B&W bookshelf speakers.  I don't even know what model they were.

They just caught my attention.  The midrange sounded so sweet and it just left an impression on me for many years.  I finally got my first pair of B&W in the late 2000's.  They were the CM-7's.   I upgraded to the 804 D3 a couple of years ago and have been pretty happy with them so far.   They are a little bit tricky to pair and can sound bright so I have to choose my equipments carefully.

Finally made a speaker change after 

20 years. I really thought the Monitor Audio Gold

Ref 20 was still relevant

Found a pre owned pair of Focal Kanta 2 s

and was blown away at the information i 

had been totally missing for  20 years

Changed my life and listening habits

Never going back

Good luck Willy-T

Epi 100.  

Showed me how a simple, inexpensive, well-designed speaker can sound so natural, clear, and non-fatiguing that I prefer it over almost all other speakers for home use.  Over the years, it has kept my "upgrade-itis" under control because so few speakers actually sound better, to my ears.  I recently auditioned speakers up to $7,000 and while I suppose a couple MIGHT have sounded "better," for the most part they just sounded like the Epi or maybe the Epi with a quality modest sub.

I did end up with a Heresy IV, but for the reason that they sound DIFFERENT, and I wanted to have an alternative experience with my familiar music, at least for a while.  The Epi 100 is not going anywhere, though, and is in another room now, but will be rotated in periodically to the "main room."  

I updated them with Human Speakers parts, but the basic design and sound remains the same with maybe a bit more heft and tightness to the bass and a bit more dispersiveness and clarity to the highs, but only subtle, since Human parts are designed based on Epi design.

Am I open to other speakers?  Of course, and over the decades I've searched for an Epi beater, but nothing has been compelling enough to change out; I have changed out, for a while, with various attempts, but over time I keep going back.  

It's nice not to have to worry about "are my speakers good enough," once you've found your niche for your home.  Saves a lot of anxiety, and of course a lot of money.