2-3k budget - adding DAC/Server to Bluesound Node?

Hello All,

I'm looking to start getting into seperates for DAC / Streamer / Server, currently just using the Node as a DAC/Streamer

What components might I be looking at within my budget?  I was thinking Bluesound Vault and a Chord Mojo 2

thanks in advance

audiocanada

I have no library, so I don't need a vault. My bluesound Node N130 is connected to a Gustard x26 pro dac via audioquest carbon 48 I2s connection. Total for both would be about $2,000. Doubt you could do any better for that amount of money. Mine sounds way better than I ever thought possible with streaming.

Check that. The I2s connection is for my CD transport to dac. Streamer to dac is UBS DH Labs silver sonic. Still about same price.

I upgraded my DAC from the one integrated in the Cambridge Azur 851N to an MHDT Orchid which ran $1400 (with an upgraded tube). I went from very happy with the Cambridge DAC to totally thrilled with the Orchid. The Orchid is very organic, musical, and analog like, with a slight bloom often attributed with tubes.

It's also relevant to point out that I have the Orchid using a Shunyata Venom VR NR power cord and connected to the Cambridge streamer with a Shunyata Alpha SPIDF cable.

Nothing wrong with the node but the DAC is not the best. 

Get a good external DAC and sit back and enjoy. 

The node software is very stable and easy to use and supports many apps. 

Try radio paradise and Tunein.

Tuning gives you access to thousands of streaming radio stations and some sound really good. 

Enjoy