Anyone have Warfedale Linton 85th anniversary?

I saw this review on Erin's website was wondering if anyone has these speakers and what you think of them.  

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/wharfedale_linton_85/

djones51

Only an idiot would give this charlatan $750 to" fix" a $1500 pair of speakers designed by  Peter Comeau .

I'm sure if the design goal was to add another $750 dollars to the retail price, both designs would work better. But only GR offers it, if that is something you wish to do.

No, I can’t really think of anything DR offers I would be interested in. He changed the spectral balance not even knowing the FR below 200hz and added a bunch of expensive damping without evidence it was even needed.

I had them for three weeks, they were not good, no detail, poor midrange, just lousy. Of course it could have been my setup, but other speakers worked much better (Totem, Klipsch, Celestion, SF, Dynaudio, Monitor Audion....)

I don’t have them but came close to buying them last year (before they jumped 33% in price). What gave me pause was that more than one YouTube reviewer commented that the tweeter wasn’t very good and had a "grainy" sound to them even at modest volumes. If Wharfedale would fix that issue and brace the cabinet better or make it more rigid in some way (thicker HDF?) then I’d definitely consider them again. As such, the Denton might be a better speaker value. I’m still looking. I don’t like "bright" speakers, so the tonality of the Lintons are in my ballpark.

Strange that according to Erin's Audio review (the review the OP mentioned) they said, "...no graininess to the sound with increased volume. And at lower volume levels the dynamics were still there thanks to the very neutral midbass to midrange transition that didn’t call attention to itself via resonance like so many rectangle speakers tend to do."

So, who to believe? They all can't be right, can they? 

Many people have bought them and LOVED them "as is" despite Danny at G-R Research showing they are definitely tilted toward the lower mid-bass in frequency response - hence that "warm" sound I guess. But I’m thinking for $2K I want both more texture in the bass and a *little* more transparency and openness in the highs, while still having a "warm cuddly" midrange.

Tell me what speaker gives me that $2K to $5K/pair and I’ll look. Thanks.

How good they be for just $1,500/pair.  They also look cheaply made by watching the video.  I think people would be better off saving for a better pair of speakers.  If they only cost $1,500/pair what did they cost to manufacture and what did they wholesale for.