Isolation devices and CDPs

Do isolation devices really work under CDPs (I own an EAR Acute)? If so, which isolation devices work best? And how/why do they work?
gsm18439
Isanchez, I have the Spectron if you don't mind can you tell me how many footers you used and blue pellets for each footer was optimum? Thanks!
isanchez, can you please more a little more specific about this devices you have used? For example, did you use the Finite Elemente Cerabase or Cerapuc? Which Equarack footer are you using? Equabearing?

Snopro, I have four footers in total under the Spectron. The two footers in the back have 3 pellets each, the front right has 5 pellets, and the front left has 6 pellets.

I originally had 5 pellets under the front left corner, but noticed that the spacing was perhaps a hair lower than the right side footer. So I decided to add an extra one there to see if there was any change in the sound. I loose the slightest bit of resolution when I have 6 pellets on the front left side of the Spectron, but it all balanced out when I set up the Equa footers under the cdp.

While I was weighing the Spectron, I noticed that most of the weight goes to front, but also that some of the weight leans towards the left. In adding the extra pellet, I also took into account that the total amount of pellets I'm using (17) is still within the weight capacity of each pellet (3 lbs). The weight specs for the Spectron state a total of 52 lbs, which I confirmed with my home scale.

Regards,

iSanchez

Tboooe, I own a set of three of the original Ceraball, and another set of three of the Cerapuc.

I'm using the multi-mount footer without the bearing at the moment. I have a preamp on order. After I get it, I'll get a new multi-mount footer with the bearing under the cdp.

I'll also add that I currently have all my audio equipment on a high-density mdf credenza. I was in the market for a wall mount bracket for the plasma tv and a dedicated audio rack, when I decided to try the Equa footers. After what the Equa footers did for my system, I'm not longer looking to buy a new audio rack.

In my case at least, it doesn't make any sense to buy a 5K or 6K audio rack, which seems to be the average cost of a well thought out design, when I can get state of the art vibration control for a small fraction of the cost of a new audio rack.

With the money I'm saving, I just ordered another Spectron for my Maggies 3.6.

Regards,

iSanchez,

thanks for your reply, will make it alot easier when i purchase the footers.

Regards, Joe