@pindac 

I own many classic/vntage arms as well as modern, some modified.

The main issue with classic arms such as the FR64S/SME3012R most of the Micro Seiki arms and SAEC arms, and others of that era that are now popular are the non offset bearings. Nobody raises this issue.

As you are no doubt aware, with non offset vertical bearings, when you change VTA the azimuth changes. For those that are not aware of this issue, place the palm of your left hand over your right at an angle ( offset angle of cartridge ). Lift you right elbow up and down - you will notice that your left hand ( the cartridge ) rotates - lift your elbow up and it rotates anticlockwise, lower your right elbow and the left hand ( cartridge ) rotates clockwise.

Most modern arms now use offset vertical bearings so that when you alter VTA azimuth remains constant. 

On my FR64S for example, when dialling in VTA the soundstage moves all over the place and the azimuth has to be rechecked each time. This is a royal pain in the a**.

As far as the SAT goes, I've heard enough to know that it is an exceptional arm, whether you agree with the design choices or not. The value proposition is very simply - do you have the disposable income, and if so, does it do what you want - it's an individual choice. Why knock folk who choose to buy it - I say good luck to them, hope it works.

For me the best arm is simply what can I afford that gives the best performance for my preferred cartridge choice in the context of my total system.

The most neglected issue that most ignore when it comes to discussion of arms and cartridges, is that all arms are not perfect, all cartridges are not perfect, and arm/cartridge combination ( the combination of 2 imperfect variables ) is arguably more critical than the individual choice of arm or cartridge.

I see so often folk spending $2-5k on cartridges for arms that either don't match or are not up to a standard that will exact anything close to the full potential of the chosen cartidge, In my experience poor arm/cartridge matching results in musical dissatisfaction every time - and costs more in the long run to fix.

@dover I am not owning a broad selection of Tonearms, but I have had approx' 8 Branded Tonearms used throughout a almost 30 year period and have 6 Branded Models still owned and available to use as well as the modified model.

The bulk of the Tonearms are all with design and materials from another era, and then there is the model with the redesign and modern materials selected for usage.

As I own a original Spec Model of the Tonearm that is modified, I am well aware of how far it has developed as a modified model. I have also been able to have it compared to the other models that are owned, that are seen as recommendations at other threads where inquiries are being met with advice.

I feel the way I have gone about attaining my end game Tonearm design has a uniqueness and air of bespoke, attached to it. The Tonearm is certainly not going to be available to a large number of owners, even thought the annual orders for having one produced are usually fully booked. Hence, why the designer has been very supportive in assisting with the design for the model that is built from scratch and is proving to be a very attractive model, this direction for the design will be a legacy for the original design.

The upbeat side of this method used to attain a Tonearm carrying the qualities that are very attractive, is that it has been a very fair cost to get on board, a Sale of a few Tonearms will cover the costs if break even was required.  

I have not got any beef with the models of Tonearm on offer like the Sat offering, where I am a little skeptical is how it has sky rocketed in the retail price over a reasonably short period of time.

There is no doubt that there are individual that are with the monies available to enable them to express an interest in the device. The concern is whether the pricing is as seen, because of the individuals who are willing to spend this type of money on a Tonearm, or if the Tonearm is of such a design that the production cost creates a base model that demands this type of price.

Bearing in mind the SAT models have found their way to speedily increase in retail value over a short period of time.

From my external and limited investigations, there seems to be a small selection of Brands that are creating a niche market, where they are not expecting too many sales, but are meeting with customers or customers representatives who are only looking to have an exclusivity associated with their purchases, and are willing to purchase at a price that naturally manifests the air of exclusivity.

Pindac, why are you so secretive regarding the entity that modified your tonearm, especially since you here reveal that they have a product for sale in the current market? One cannot otherwise benefit from your murky descriptions. “Murky” in the sense that it’s not obvious what upgrades were done to your base tonearm that we’re so beneficial to its performance.

I must be living on another planet. 

I am on a third one..

Could we not get together at one and the same one.👍