Phono Preamp w/ Rumble Filter

Looking for suggestions on a Phono PreAmp under $5k new or used that has a rumble filter and balanced outs. Seems these two options greatly reduce choices. Rumble is a must, may can do w/o XLR. Current TT is a Denon 100th Anniversary with a 110 Anniversary MC cart, but may eventually upgrade them as well. 

Ag insider logo xs@2xstephens770

@audiosaurusrex - Thanks, I was looking at the Phonos, reading up on it as well. Most comments echo yours. Still considering. Table is about 35 lbs and pretty well damped on its stock feet. Was the Phonos a little noisy, I read a review stating it is.

@lalitk - Great! Thank you. Didn't see that one. Looked at the JC3+ and loved what I saw, but no rumble. Why wouldn't they offer the filter on the JC3+..it's got everything else. For the price, I may give this one a shot just to see.

@ghdprentice - Previous speakers were IRS Betas, didn't notice the rumble. Maybe servos had something to do with it. Replaced Betas with Analysis Panels and Rel Line Arrays. Rels are 7 ft on one side and 8 ft on the offer from the TT, as far away as I can place them. Using an upgraded older PS Audio Phono pre that sounds very nice except the rumble. For less than $2k Phono and table, I have great sound but rumble now. Thanks for the advice on the PH8.

I tried the MF Nuvista Vinyl. Sounded great and got rid of rumble, but noise floor was too high for my liking in my system. Not really looking for another rabbit hole. If I can improve on the PS Audio's sound with a better Pre, have a low noise floor(which the PS has) and push a button to get rid of the rumble, I'm happy. 

Thanks again for the suggestions.

@stephens770

Not sure why other phono’s in Parasoumd lineup don’t offer rumble feature. When I tried zphono_xrm with my Thorens TD 1601 (Hana ML Cart), I was pleasantly surprised how well zphono performed. Dead quiet, detailed and well balanced. I believe it’s one of those products in ‘giant killer’ category. I ordered mine from MusicDirect with 30 days no questions asked return policy.

Another recommendation to eliminate floor / airborne vibrations, try these soft dots underneath your TT stock footers. They were very effective in eliminating vibrations in my system,

There are some situations where a rumble filter has to be used as a last resort.  I have such a situation, tried every recommendation within these pages, spent countless unnecessary money and even changing turntables and cartridges, twice.  After all that, I went with the KAB rumble filter @ $179.00.  It works as advertised, does not affect the sound and allows me to enjoy vinyl at any volume. I have been using it for 7 years. 

Just a quick thought -- since you are using subwoofers, have you run a frequency sweep with a good measurement mike?  It is real easy to end up with too much subsonic info that is aggravated by room nodes and has little or nothing to do with the music itself. 

Alternatively, consider a rumble filter to the line level feed to the subwoofer amp, like one from Harrison Labs which comes in 20 HZ and 30 HZ high-pass options with 12 dB/octave curves.  At about $30 on Amazon, they'd make for an inexpensive experiment and are returnable if you don't like them.

Disregard if you've already checked out this angle...