Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Can confirm that Cardas Audio has a pair of 3.7 although I don’t know if that’s the main speaker in their listening room. The person I spoke with was interested in my upgrade project and wants to be alerted to any upgrades that become available for the 3.7.

Cardas hookup wire and binding posts were my final changes (and, perhaps, most extravagant expense). It was the icing on the cake, kinda snapped the sonic picture  into a cohesive and clear soundscape.

beetlemania

Which Cardas hookup wire did you use? Where did you use it?

Happy Listening!

I used Cardas “chassis wire”. These are Litz stranded and ends *must* be tinned in a solder pot. Cardas can do this but they charge something like $5 per end - ouch! So, I bought a cheap solder pot. My entire project used Cardas solder (which is leaded, I did all soldering outdoors or in my greenhouse). Woofer input is Cardas 15 ga + 17.5 ga (effective 14 ga), output to woofer is 15 ga. Coax input is Cardas15 ga, output to coax is 17.5 ga.

beetlemania

Thank You for the update. Feel free to post a Video of your system here.

Happy Listening!