Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 Failures

I have read many posts in different forums where owners
LPS-1 and 1.2 have stopped working after a few years.

mine has just done the same short of 3 years.

Uptone should pull this product from the site so others are not waisting  their money.

gorgeousstyle

Uptime’s website has had them listed as unavailable for quite some time now, sighting supply issues, but the supply chain is basically up and running again. Maybe they’re going to stop selling their power supplies for good?

Problem with that ps is relatively low amperage output, many devices run off them placed great strain on it. I always use  linear power supplies that can supply an excess of amperage to devices it powers. Running lps with little amp margin runs them hot, heat is enemy of longevity.

I should add,  I've been using Uptone JS 2 to power a variety of devices for years, no problems whatsoever. Uptone makes quality products.

I know Alex Crespi at Uptone Audio quite well and have his LPS 1.2 which works just fine.  I have had connectivity problems with my Micro-Rendu device which actually Alex helped me sort out when I was at wit's end, in an extremely patient manner, I might add.

If the LPS devices offers no sonic benefit, it could be because your system is not revealing enough to hear the benefit.  If you have a problem with his gear, give him a call -- he will answer,  and I am sure he will help you sort it out.  He is a tip top guy in my book, among the many OEM people in the business that I have the pleasure to interact with, like Don Sachs and Clayton Shaw, two examples that quickly come to my mind.   Alex clearly does have supply chain problems just like everybody else.

Another positive experience with LPS1.2. Had mine for three years without issue. Also have two etherRegens and no problem. Alex is very responsive.

Would buy from him again.