Dynaudio - Made in China vs Denmark

Hi,

I  recently Purchased a new pair of Dynaudios. The floor model I auditioned were 'Made in Denmark' but the pair which was shipped out by the dealer was 'Made in China'. They are still boxed. Whats should I do:

1. Swap with the showroom floor model (they were probably a yr or 2 old)

2. Unbox and use my 'Made in china' pair ?

My main concern here is the quality of the product from China. Resale values.

Anyone with experience please chime in. 

ryanhere

Many companies are doing the same thing. They are using cheap labor and charging the same prices as they did before going to the cheaper labor countries! I would sure be pissed off too!

Own great  guitars made in China (Shijie/Eastman-both custom shop quality) not to mention Primaluna amps, dacs, etc…workmanship and quality are exceptional…oh, that phone we all love…all made in China…

There is a reason that MIC has the reputation of making junk. Even if they do make some great products (REL subs) that stigma will be with them prob forever. I try to buy American whenever I can not only for the quality but to support my country. Good luck! 

Ron 

OP, being the customer gives you the right to have an opinion. You should do what makes you happy. You don’t need to rationalize or justify how you feel. Godspeed getting things sorted to your liking. 

@chayro  Wise counsel, you’ve always been a straight up cat.

@nonoise The OP cares, that’s the crux of the post.

These are high cost, high margin, luxury products. If it was a toaster or a microwave oven, no problem. I’m sure the quality is good but you paid for a perception of quality the Danish have developed over decades. IMO, that’s what you should have received.