Grant Fidelity Treasure Globe 6SN7 SE

hi,
wondering if anybody has tried the Treasure Globe 6sn7 se from Grant Fidelity?  The whole Psvane, Shuguang, and now Grant, is confusing.  It sounds like a dysfunctional family where everybody went there own way, but they all copy each other and use similar names.
The best 6sn7 I’ve heard is my Psvane gold base/grey glass big bottles.  Wondering about the new globes from Grant?
Any info appreciated! Thanks, Ted

caglioti

I haven't heard the Linlai Elites, but would love to read a comparison between the two. Anyone??

We did a comparison and IMO they sounded very similar- and both excellent. However, the globe structure has a decided resonance that the Linlai does not. As long as you don't have microphonic problems its no worries, but any microphonics the tube has/might develop will be exacerbated by the resonance of the glass.

We did a comparison and IMO they sounded very similar- and both excellent. However, the globe structure has a decided resonance that the Linlai does not. As long as you don't have microphonic problems its no worries, but any microphonics the tube has/might develop will be exacerbated by the resonance of the glass

Thanks very much for the response, @atmasphere!  You mentioned they sounded similar.  Do you recall any specific differences besides the potential for microphonic issues?

Do you recall any specific differences besides the potential for microphonic issues?

Not really. The internals looked quite similar too.

@pinwa Sorry for that. My preamp is a Supratek Cortese. Note that I did not say that different tubes don't have a different sound. I think they do. Hence my preference for KenRad VT231s. Or red-base 5682s. I have enough tubes that I've always been on the fence for spending the $$$ on new production tubes. But I'm very curious about how they sound and how they might compare to the vintage tubes.

And it is probably more accurate to say that, in my email exchanges with Mick, the owner and builder of my Supratek, that he places more importance on the circuit, tube reliability, predictability, avoiding microphonic tubes, consistency/close matching between the two sections of the dual triodes and a reliable source of supply than on stating which old production tube is the best. As a builder his needs are different than an owner/user. He needs tubes in *quantity*. I think nowadays he's building with the LinLais.