Do you consider cables to be a "component" of your system?

Meaning, do you think that cabling (AC/InterConnects/SpeakerWire) should be considered a component that is integral to your system?

I have probably as much money in cabling and fuses as I do in most of my components (if not more).

Please, please, PLEASE don't tell me that cables don't make a difference. I disagree and there's nothing you can say or do that will change my mind, so save it for another thread, please.

I just wondered if you had to recommend a set up to someone (who wanted a nice stereo), would you consider cabling to be essential in your build price and your recommendations? If so, would you consider the cost of the cables to be on par with the cost of a component?

128x128coralkong
@larry5729, my power cord go winh Luxman M800u when manufactor sale to me is Luxman PJA 15000 power cord. It cost 200000 JPY (Around Usd180). When i replace it  by a Analysis Plus Power Oval 2 (cost around  Usd 400) I don't hear a difference.

I don't think all the stock power cord are bad.

All the best!

@vinylmisterd

Your supposed to learn to hear the difference... Power finds its way into your house Romex whatever, ya stick a 6’ piece of cable it miraculously goes to work correcting, beautifying sound. Don't worry about what's inside your component obviously it also has the ability to to adjust and control any AC to DC, controls, wiring, etc. down stream. There’s hundreds out there no scam start testing....LOL