so many speakers

With so many speakers on the market are there specific speakers that work better with specific music?
wmbode
The Sonus Fabers I have heard are SUBLIME with Acoustic Music of ALL types,yet on most rock/modern blues recordings the drum kits seem so recessed they almost can't be heard.
Dynaudio speakers are the only ones I have ever heard that seem to work with every musical genre...
If there is some factor in recorded drums that causes them to hide in specific speakers that produce "acoustic music" well, I'm not getting it. Drums are acoustic instruments. The nature of reproduced music is essentially the same...a bazouki or a Telecaster through a system is the same electronic pulse through the speakers...it just is. Some speakers are bright, some have less bass extension, but if your speakers are discriminating against drummers they are making arbitrary decisions and need a stern talking to.
"but if your speakers are discriminating against drummers they are making arbitrary decisions and need a stern talking to."

They are also in violation of the 1964 civil rights act which bans discrimination against signals based on it's frequency.
Wolf, love your take on drums. They are acoustic in the fullest sense and if hidden in playback, pray that it is due to the recording and not your speakers.

My Tonians "only" go down to 40Hz and drop off rapidly after that and yet drums come across most convincingly when recorded properly. The effect can be rather shocking at times.

Rok2id, love the analogy.

All the best,
Nonoise
Just reread my reply & it should have read"older Sonus Faber's".The newer models I have heard(Toy's,Veneer's)don't seem to suffer from this problem.