Audio Aero Prestige new trans cannot read cd/sac

My Prestige, equipped with the new Sony transport, has problem in reading CD/SACD. The player simply stops reading, lies quietly, plays no music for a few seconds before it and music resume.

Do any Prestige owner have the same experience as I do?

Thanks.
cattie
I purchased a new laser assembly, KHM 310AAA W/M and installed it. Nothing worked. After some poking around there was some activity (can't remember exactly) but no music. I put the old one back in and still nothing worked. After turning it on and off a few times and pushing on the sled it started working again (with all it's previous faults). By this time I thought it was time to leave it alone. Now I am stuck with the new laser assembly ( probably nothing wrong with it) as I traded the player in on the La Fontaine. Believe me, if you can move up to the La Fontaine you won't be disappointed. Quite apart from the beautiful music, just a simple thing like it ALWAYS doing what the remote tells it to, no matter how you muck it about, is a great asset.
Regards, David.
Hi Cattie: Sorry for bumping an old thread, but my Prestige SE has the exact same problems as yours had. I bought it used and was told the drive had been replaced in 2010(with the new Sony drive).
As far as I can read, you sent the Prestige back to Audioaero for repair. Can you tell or do you know what they did? Replaced the whole drive or laser or something else? Do the Prestige still work flawlessly?

Thanks in advance
Daviddsailor,

Did you unsolder the ESD protection solder blob on the PC board of the Laser Assy? They refuse to work until that dead short across the laser diode is removed with a soldering iron.

Steve George
Yes, the first thing I did was to remove the solder blob. Anyway, the Prestige is long gone now and the La Fontaine rules the roost. It is a brilliant player.
This is my history with the brand, and this is one advice for someone that thinks in buy one AA equipment, this is the kind behavior with customers who spend a small fortune and get a silence when they needs help.
This is the type of manufactures that do not treat their customers ethically, in the last 8 years I bought one AA amplifier prestige and one audio aero capitole MK2 , then made the upgrade for one AA prestige, in the past I tried to communicate with the factory and never received an answer, now that we do not have representative in Brazil, I tried to communicate with the factory in Lyon about a problem with AA prestige, and again they did not answered me, honestly do not even want to go near another audio aero eletronic, this brand is champion in bad service for the customers. Maybe I am not the only with thi kind of problem.