Audio Aero Prestige new trans cannot read cd/sac

My Prestige, equipped with the new Sony transport, has problem in reading CD/SACD. The player simply stops reading, lies quietly, plays no music for a few seconds before it and music resume.

Do any Prestige owner have the same experience as I do?

Thanks.
cattie
Peterd
Thanks for you comments. I had the lid off today and see that the Sony transport looks like the flimsy type you would see in any old player. AA have mounted it on some rubber standoffs but other than that it looks pretty average. It's surprising that the Prestige sounds so very, very good but I suppose the secrets in the Anagram module. I put a CD laser cleaning disk in the player but it did nothing. Whilst it was playing up I gently poked around with a plastic stick on PCB's and connectors but no difference. I cleaned the laser with some alcohol/water solution and a barely damp cotton bud and the sonics seemed a little better. But I had to go out before I could see if it was stil acting up. One thing I couldn't see was any type label on the transport/laser. I might have to unscrew a few bits. I have read just about every word on the net about the AA and even studied the theory and practise of the mechanism. The laser assembly mentioned by Masilu seems to be readily available ex China and elsewhere (even here in Australia). Whilst carefully cleaning the laser I was surprised by how flexibly it is mounted and I can see it moving around as it focusses etc. No I didn't stare into the beam. Anyway, I'll post any success I have.
David.
David,

I got the exact same problem with my Prestige. I got mine serviced at my dealer, he cleaned up the drive, and added some lube. This helped for abt 4-5months, however now the problem are starting again. I'm also considering changing the laser, and would really appreciate any experience you might have!

Thanks,

Tomas(Sweden)
I purchased a new laser assembly, KHM 310AAA W/M and installed it. Nothing worked. After some poking around there was some activity (can't remember exactly) but no music. I put the old one back in and still nothing worked. After turning it on and off a few times and pushing on the sled it started working again (with all it's previous faults). By this time I thought it was time to leave it alone. Now I am stuck with the new laser assembly ( probably nothing wrong with it) as I traded the player in on the La Fontaine. Believe me, if you can move up to the La Fontaine you won't be disappointed. Quite apart from the beautiful music, just a simple thing like it ALWAYS doing what the remote tells it to, no matter how you muck it about, is a great asset.
Regards, David.
Hi Cattie: Sorry for bumping an old thread, but my Prestige SE has the exact same problems as yours had. I bought it used and was told the drive had been replaced in 2010(with the new Sony drive).
As far as I can read, you sent the Prestige back to Audioaero for repair. Can you tell or do you know what they did? Replaced the whole drive or laser or something else? Do the Prestige still work flawlessly?

Thanks in advance
Daviddsailor,

Did you unsolder the ESD protection solder blob on the PC board of the Laser Assy? They refuse to work until that dead short across the laser diode is removed with a soldering iron.

Steve George