Energy speakers

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm searching for some new towers, and I was wondering if anyone has experiene with the Energy brand. I understand they're a little more laid-back compared to some of the competition, but I have B&W DM601s, and I keep seeing comparisons between B&W and Energy. What do you guys think?

baritone1898

There's no lack of competition in the speaker market secret guy, and if you think Klipsch isn't good you haven't listened to the right one.

per the above, the veritas speakers from the late 90s/early 00s were seriously good--from what little i've heard the recent iterations not so much. for your budget i'd look at used proac, dynaudio, focal...

So take this with a grain of salt because this is the only pair of energy speakers I've ever owned. I am currently running a set of energy reference connoisseur rc70 and they are the best all-around speaker I have owned. They were made somewhere around 15 years ago and the quality is excellent with Kevlar drivers and Cherry veneer. They were actually given to me by an audiophile friend and I couldn't be happier. I run them with a rogue metis Magnum pre primaluna prologue 6 monoblocks Nottingham space deck turntable and an akai x1650 reel to reel. I own or have owned some stellar speakers over the last 20 years two pairs of Sonus Faber Klipsch forte celestion Ditton Tannoy Sensys dc 2 Magnepan lrs various Kef..etc. Most had their virtues..some more than others. The Energy's are simply better. Truth be told I didn't want them to be because I am kind of a snob on a budget but I just can't get away from their sound

@bubba_buoy  I was actually eyeballing both the RC-70s and Veritas 6.3s. Smooth is the name of the game for me, so that definitely helps. Though, Energy still lists both models on their website. Are they current, or has their site just not been updated in awhile?

@secretguy I don't think Klipsch is bad at all. Sure, the reference line is pretty basic, but the reference premiere series and heritage lines are excellent for what they are. If I were putting a system together strictly for home theater, I probably would use Klipsch exclusively. I only like bright speakers for cinematic purposes. Gives me that IMAX vibe that's nostalgic.

All of you, thank you so much for your input! For anyone that's heard both the more recent reference connoisseur line and the Veritas line, how do they compare? It seems the newer Veritas models are a hair brighter that the reference connoisseurs.

Are they new or used?  Based on price it looks like they are used.  Do you have a home theater system?  If you don't have a pair of subwoofers, I would recommend you looks at REL.  You have to dial them, so they act like woofers.  However, they also have LFE for sound effects.

Welcome to the group.  This is a good place to learn from those who have more knowledge.