Albums you do not get...a plea for help and understanding

So like most of you (I bet), I listen to tons of music.  But there are just some albums I never learned to appreciate.  I hope this thread can serve as a teaching tool.  I did not get Mingus at first but now he is one of my favorites.

Perhaps ending each post with, "What am I missing?" would be a good idea.

I will start with Graceland by Paul Simon.  Most of my friends call me crazy (still after all these years...OUCH that was bad) but I never desire to listen to this record.  I get the African influence and rhythm but it just does not impress me.  Alternatively when Peter Gabriel did the African influence thing I found it stunningly good. Paul Simon as a musician impresses me in his other works.  What am I missing?

bancsee

Dear Frank Zappa disparagers/trolls!

A lot of FZ’s music was written about turnips like yourselves. Put on some Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin, loudly, and dance around the room.  Ye haw! 
 BTW I’m a big Steely Dan/Donald Fagan too.

Bent

Why the need to defend Frank Zappa? He played with talanted musicians and attempted to be clever and unique with his music/lyrics. After awhile his "shitck" becomes worn out and even corny! 

@sls141 love me some Zeppelin, but never did get the stuff between "IV" and "In Through The Out Door".  There is the occasional song, but as a collection these albums are mostly forgettable.

What am I missing?