Von Schweikert VR-6 or Wilson Audio Watt/Puppies 5

Dear friends,
I am on the second hand market for speakers with a budget of about $ 4-5 k. The shortest list I made puts a real dilemma: Von Schweikert VR 6 or Wilson Watt/Puppies 5,1. They will be driven by low power Push/Pull tube amplifier (Audio Note). Will be used mostly for rock and roll, pop, classic and jazz.
nikmilkov
Did you ever hear Watt Puppies? If not, DO NOT BUY THEM UNHEARD. They are an acquired taste.
VSRs are pretty good and I don't think they will offend you.
Nilmilkov,
IMO the wilson is`nt a good match for your low power tube amps and may likely lead to disappointment.I`ve not heard the VR-6 speaker but based on the comments posted so far it seems a better choice with your amplifier.
Regards,
I never heard any Wilson playing superior with low powered amps. Their advertising suggests they do, but they don't. A lot of energy is lost in their X-over.
I have experience with both. The Von Schweikerts are more of a statement speaker. They can fill any room with great sound. The same tweeter as the Wilson's, but also another same rear ambience tweeter that really helps. Twin carbon fiber mids and 400 lb. cabinets of real wood along with twin woofers and incredible crossovers and 96 db efficient! You can find Wilsons all the time on Audiogon ,but may only see the VR6's used once every few years. I guess you know which I would buy.
I have experience with both speakers and IMHO the Von Schweikert's are a much better speaker. The quality built into these speakers is amazing. Carbon fiber mids, rear ambience tweeters, 400 lb. cabinets in todays market would probably be $30,000. They are pretty and a giant statement at the same time. They are very heavy and hard to ship, but so worth it. You will see Wilson's for sale here all the time, but you only see VR6's for sale every 2-3 years if that.