Von Schweikert VR-6 or Wilson Audio Watt/Puppies 5

Dear friends,
I am on the second hand market for speakers with a budget of about $ 4-5 k. The shortest list I made puts a real dilemma: Von Schweikert VR 6 or Wilson Watt/Puppies 5,1. They will be driven by low power Push/Pull tube amplifier (Audio Note). Will be used mostly for rock and roll, pop, classic and jazz.
nikmilkov
Thanks for giving me tips. Will check about the service but frankly don't believe there is still any about the VS. For Wilsons would be easier. However it seems most of you tend to recommend the Schweikerts.
Not sure where the question about service for Von Schweikerts comes from. I have VR-4 Gen IIs and Von Schweikert still provides service for them. Von Schweikert also offers upgrades for older models that allow them to approach the performance of newer models. If you have concerns about this, I'd recommend calling or e-mailing Von Schweikert. I have had some lovely conversations with Albert when calling with questions about these older VR-4s that I have.

As for their ability to be driven by a low power push pull tube amp, the question of impedance dips on the VR-6 is a good one, but I do see that VR-6's specs page lists the minimum power as 5W RMS (max is 500W, should you so choose).
Regarding service for the VR6's, give Albert a call. I'm sure they'll be happy to maintain these speakers.

As for power, I'm driving them with a pair of modified Kronzilla DM monoblocks. These use the T-1610 tubes biased conservatively to produce 45 watts per channel. These SET output tubes will drive the VR6's to any volume to which I care to subject myself.

I find the VR6's to also be very revealing of upstreamm electronics, cables, etc. I once had loaned my Masterbuilt power cords to a friend, so was using Shunyatas. When I got them back and got my system set up, it just didn't sound right. I had accidentally not connected one of the Materbuilt powercords to the PS Audio DAC-II (instead to another secondary component). Once I switched powercords on the DAC, the problem was solved. That's pretty revealing.
I sold my VR5-Anniversaries several months ago to make way for new speakers. I moved my VR-6 speakers from my bedroom system into my main system for the interim. I'm amazed how good they sound with great detail, top end speed & openness, and robust, extended bass. They have the VSA quality of musicality, neutrality, and wide & deep soundstaging. The woofers don't have the same level of speed & control compared with the VR-5/VR-9/VR-11 magnesium woofers, but of course they're much less expensive. I don't have experience with the Wilsons, but the VR-6's have definitely passed the long-term satisfaction test with me.
Did you ever hear Watt Puppies? If not, DO NOT BUY THEM UNHEARD. They are an acquired taste.
VSRs are pretty good and I don't think they will offend you.