What is new with the Memory Player?

I have read that this player is the next great source at the online mags. Have others heard this player and is it currently being sold? What are the impressions of those who have heard this machine? Any information would be nice since I have read almost nothing other than what is contained in the magazines. Bob
128x128baranyi
According to the VRS site Jack Elliano is affiliated with VRS and contributes to circuit designs and research. I have spoken to Jack on a number of occasions and used his equipment and transformers. IMO he is very knowledgeable and I would further say he has a pretty impressive resume in the pro audio and consumer audiophile world.
If, as most of this forum is saying, the real value in the MP is its' software (the extraction/RUR/error code eliminating software, not the cataloging/GUI stuff) then I would think that Messrs Bischoff and Porzilli could make huge margins (that's what it's all about) and quicker headway by marketing the software only, combined with alliances to hardware/periphery companies. I mean, if it's really revolutionary and rips the cd to the point of elimninating all that is wrong with redbook, most music lovers will pay $300-500 for this, and they'll sell thousands. As a 30 yr veteran of the software industry (sales and mgmt) I marvel at the margins that can be gained by some upfront R&D (already done, evidently) and some cd stamping or downloading production sites. The ongoing R&D can be funded by a minimal upgrade charge and any profit taken from distributing some partner hardware. Then the big guys buy you out and you go sailing.
"The fact that you can take apart a $32,000.00 pair of Avalon Edilon Diamonds and build your own knock off version for the sum of its parts which would probably cost you less than $6,000.00!"

Audio Doctor-

The tweeters cost $2600. each. Pretty tuff to build knock offs for less $6K.

If anyone would like to try ripper software that rips to RAM like the MP, download audiograbber, it's free. Mahalo to
Mr.Porzilli for the tip.
Askat, I did not say that the first VRS system I heard was in 2003. Then I heard a new version, a much better version in 2005, what has taken so long? I don't mean to be argumentative here, and I would love to hear a comparison of the two.

How would you know if one of the MP people picked his brain before the MP came out when the VRS is not yet out either?