Ridiculous sale

Somebody is selling a Decware that sells at 2600 $ direct from the manufacturer for 4500 $ citing tha t you can pay that if you want to wait a year. This is a disgrace in Audiogon. Also TMR sales require you to go to their website and look for the product for information. Unfortunately the hobbiest mentality that predominated Audiogon Is being replaced by these dry, unfear actions and styles. What a shame.

alanpiga

TMR has an expensive website, it is well done, maintained and there are careful and complete photos of the gear they have for sale. They buy, sell, trade and have a service department. TMR also maintains a large store on eBay with thousands of items sold including excellent feedback.

Info on just about everything made on this planet is available with making a few clicks and typing a few letters. So ok, I'm calling you lazy. The lack of proofreading your posts is evidence of that.

It is a free market and you are free not to buy it. You are also free to complain and cackle like old hens about the free market. 

Do you think this person pulled a ’ticket-scalper’ move, and bought it jut to flip it at a higher price with a built-in impateience ’tax’, or did that person wait a year to get it then decideded they did not like it?

Seems like a highly relevant question to me. Are they charging for shipping? Well, you could pick it up for free.... "it’s a thousand miles away from you", you say? seems like $50 in shipping is a sweet deal.... (just making up an example here, i have not looked at the actual ad)

Time and location figure into the value/price of stuff. Don’t want it? Don’t buy it- we’re talking luxury goods here, not literal necessities.

The op must have purchased a new car that was in demand. The 2000 Honda S2000 was asking $10k over msrp and sold every one. The Enzo, I had a friend that was getting offers $300k over what he paid for his because only a certain number of cars were made and he happened to be 1 that got 1. 
Not sure about this piece of equipment if it’s worth more than retail, but if it is in demand, then let supply and demand dictate the price