Hey - What Happened to the Beware of Viking Acoustics Thread

Just wondering what happened to the thread detailing Viking Acoustics' recent poor customer service tactics.  Poof and its gone.

128x128rdk777

No, I did not change my mind. Let me remind you of what actually happened with the TubeMasters. I said I wanted solid color cherry front baffle (as in no blonde streaks or crazy grain) and you said no problem. You built those speakers and the wood on the front wasn't as I requested. You made the comment "it's hard to get good wood now". I said ok, no big deal, there was no fuss. The plans switched to the Berlin because you said you could do the baffle in maple and the wood planks would be consistent. So that's how all that went down.

And no, there was nothing custom with the TubeMasters. This was your standard build. Same goes for the Berlin, it was your standard option. I am not sure why you keep saying everything was custom like you were going well out of your way to make me a one-off speaker. These are both listed on your own website as the standard base model build. I think you are getting confused because the speakers that I traded into you were a highly customized model with silver voice coils, silver wiring, silver binding posts, and big Duelund caps. These are the ones you sold years ago and made money off at my expense.

This post was to tell my experience so others can be aware of it and decide if they want to risk going down this path with you.

Thank you for posting it!

Mike

And I will reiterate for the umpteenth time that obviously lots of bad things were happening in the world with COVID-19 so I never pressured you, never got angry with all the delays, never once said one thing!

I will make @vikinghorn an offer. Donate all the thousands you owe me to my local animal shelter. That way you don’t "lose" by giving me the money back. I’ll even let you have the tax deduction.