Your sub experience: Easy or hard?

For those of us with subwoofers, I'm curious whether you thought integrating it was easy or difficult.  That's it.

Of course, lots of DBA people will chime in. No problem but please ask that everyone stay on topic.  If you want to discuss all the pro's and cons of DBA take it to a brand new thread.  Thank you.

The focus here is just to ask how many people had easy or difficult times and what you thought was the difference.

erik_squires

I have found it very easy to integrate a REL S510 between either my Magnepan 3.7 or Thiel 2.4’s in a smaller (11x 15 well damped room) as long as I only care about my single listening position. If you need to accommodate multiple listening positions or difficult room geometry it will likely prove much more difficult. I have found moving around my room from my sweet spot drastically changes integration as would be expected. Many here suggest using a mic and software in those cases.

My sub experience was very easy.  Put the 2 (custom 18") subs in the corners where they belong (MUCH easier said than done - very heavy.)  Hooked up the amps to the subs (one per sub), connected the crossover / LP filter to the amps, connected separate cables from the preamp to the crossover.  Fired up the preamp and rest of the system.  Fired up the crossover, then the amps.  Played some music with REAL bass - Saint-Saens, Ravel, Respighi, Stravinski...  Adjusted the crossover level as the music played.  All good.  Done.  

Done. 

Like most anything it’s not hard if you apply the right tools in this case a sound meter or sound meter app.   

It wasn't hard at all, it was fun. I enjoyed the "subwoofer crawl",messing with the crossovers, plugging and unplugging ports.I have two HSUs and one SVS.If the HSUs ever stop working I would have all SVS.Controlling all of settings from the listening chair is wonderful.