Your sub experience: Easy or hard?

For those of us with subwoofers, I'm curious whether you thought integrating it was easy or difficult.  That's it.

Of course, lots of DBA people will chime in. No problem but please ask that everyone stay on topic.  If you want to discuss all the pro's and cons of DBA take it to a brand new thread.  Thank you.

The focus here is just to ask how many people had easy or difficult times and what you thought was the difference.

erik_squires

No problem integrating  my modest Paradigm sub-woofer into my system. I put it in spot in the room that the instructions suggested would  be good. I followed the instructions as to how to connect it up. I put one of my stereo test CDs (I have one, for example from Stereophile) into the CD player, cued up the frequency test cuts.and adjusted the subwoofer's volume & extension  by ear. True, I had to get out of my listening chair several times to twiddle knobs, but it wasn't long before I got, as they used to say, close enough for concert. Over the next couple days I fine-tuned the volume and position of the sub by ear.

I currently have a pair of Martin Logan 212 subs which were middle of the road to set up. The software gets you in the ballpark but you really need to use your ears to adjust the phase and the output level. I am running speaker cables from my speakers to the subs and I noticed a big difference between the speaker cables I used.

Prior to the Logan’s I have used several different REL subs and I always found them the easiest to integrate. I wanted to go with another pair of them instead of the Logan’s but the retailer I buy some of my gear from doesn’t carry REL. The Logan’s sound really good but they take a little more work to dial in than the REL’s.

In over 90% of Loudspeakers a good sub or 2 is always much more articulate. 
and go much lower in Bass. I have the SVS4000SB subs , even one is a substantial upgrade and sound fast tunefull and defined Sealed Bass is faster and more tunefull to below 18 HZ not many speakers can’t compete with that 

1200watts over 4,000watts peak for $1700 each with a great usable app 

a true audio bargain IMO.