Tannoy cheviot vs Arden what should I expect from each?

Wondering if anyone has either of these speakers, as Im itching to put down my own Jack (as Kevin Deal says), on a pair of these?
128x128rbtstock

@yt did you end up with any Tannoy speakers?  I've got Ardens I'm THINKING about selling but dang I don't know why.  They're so good (mine are the one's from the 1970's).  Running with a Leben CS300XS.  Really only issue is "too many speakers" and they are large and may be hardest to place when we move in a few years.  My other speakers are KEF 107 and Janszen electrostatics (ZA2.1A).  They all do their own thing quite well.  I would definitely miss the Ardens if I sold them though!  I liked them better than newer Prestige series I heard at AXPONA this year (not sure which model, looked like a smaller 10" or 12" driver though).

@ddunne83 

Don't do it.

Just don't.

Tannoys like yours deserve small sacrifices.

Just for an experiment, have a play with the the tightness of the driver bolt tension. See if you prefer 'hand tight' as opposed to what they are currently.

If not, you can easily retighten them as to previous.

If you can fit them, I’d go Ardens....the bass I bet is phenomenal on them. If either sounds like my Eatons, which I’m sure they are much better, then you are in for a treat.

The pepper pot tweeter/concentric driver with the Alnico magnets would be very expensive, but it is the very best that Tannoy offers.

While your at it. Pick yourself up a Sugden Class A integrated amp. The combo is terrific.

@cd318 interesting, might try that sometime.  I really don't find anything lacking in them already, I just can't seem to hold on to speakers for long.  I've had these 4 years now I think?  Maybe 3, I dunno.  I love them.  They just need a little cosmetic TLC but they're presentable as-is.  Problem is I love a lot of speakers and then I start justifying getting rid of things and I just do it.  I guess I figured if I missed them I'd just buy the new ones.  Wonder how many have compared the old original Ardens with the new ones...anyone on here?  I have them on-sale on another site at a fairly high price, just seeing how bad anyone REALLY wants them.  I suspect I'll be keeping them though, at least for a few more years, until I see what sort of house we move into from here.  I really prioritized the Ardens when I was doing the vinyl thing...IMO vinyl and full-range (or dual concentric) drivers are like peas and carrots...those speakers with their simple (or non-existent) crossovers just seem to let the magic come through from a vinyl source (again IMO).  But, I've sold off all the vinyl.  The Ardens still sound great with digital, but I was thinking the slimmer, easier to place speakers (KEF and Janszen) might be easier to keep and place.

@ddunne83

Currently I own Tannoy Berkeley's, my main and best speakers. I also own a pair of the floorstanding Tannoy R3s, and a pair of Rega RS1's which are currently stored in the loft.

I really ought to sell those off, let someone else enjoy them, and yet I can't. They're just too nice to get rid of.

In fact if I had it my way I'd probably own several more eg Eclipse TD12z's, Linkwitz Orion's, Harbeth's/ Spendors, Monopulse's, Kudos Titans, Revel Salon's (I can dream), plus many others no doubt.

So many loudspeakers, so little time...

My advice to anyone starting off, who has the means and especially the time, would be to try as many loudspeakers as possible.

In later life, time seems to speed up, days/ weeks/ months pass in a flash, and there's just never enough of it.

This kind of makes me wonder how folks like Jay Leno must feel once they get to own a showroom's worth of some of the most desirable cars on planet earth.