Inside the Iso Acoustics mechanism

So what us inside the device? Springs? Dampening material or a combination? Thanks

128x128blueranger

@ryder 

After spending $1000 on Gaia 1’s, I’m not going to take them apart! 

JD

@tk21 

the difference in height between the spikes and the Gaia 1’s was maybe 3/4”. With the dispersal patterns of most speakers, I doubt many people can hear a difference in height  of an inch from 10’ away! Having said that, I put my KEF’s on some 21”x 19” x 1.25” granite and it made a very noticeable difference. Then when I added the Gaia 1’s, on top of the granite and the soundstage really blossomed.

JD

I have been suggesting a 3rd party recorded shoot out for many years..Between the new Sound Stage Audio Sistrum direct coupled platforms  vs Townshend Audio spring based platform.  Comparison under the same set of speakers I presume. Coming soon I hope.. Tom

I've tried the Gaias, and Nobsound springs. In my system, isolating the speakers rather than coupling them to the floor is definitely the way to go. BUT...after the dust settled, I've gone back to simple sorbothane disks ($24 for a set of eight). The trick is finding the right density, but if you guess wrong for the speakers (aim for softer, to support the lower end of the weight you've got), you can use them under other components instead. Besides being far cheaper than the alternatives, they're also inconspicuous, and they don't raise the hight of the speaker more than a couple of mm. The speaker will "float" on them, and wobble just a bit to the touch, but not disconcertingly so. And they don't compress over time, or at least they haven't yet. In any case, I suggest you try this first to see if decoupling from the floor works for you.

Gone back to hockey pucks under my gear and GAIA under the speakers. not going to fuss with springs any more. System sounds better with pucks.