SACD repair?

I have a Marantz SA11S1. Wonderful deck, but starting to fail to play SACDs reliably. Plays rebooks without issue. 

It recently spent almost three months at my local repair shop (only one within a couple of hours that would even look at it) until they threw their hands up.

I know it's pretty old, but it still sounds great when it does work, so I'd like to get it repaired if that's still an option. So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a skilled shop that I can talk with about this. I realize I'm looking at packing and shipping, and the cost will likely get up there. But when it's working, It is a very high end component.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

wpcheadle

My late, unlamented Marantz CD/SACD player went belly-up several years ago and,  the way I remember it, Marantz or the dealer seemed unwilling to do the repair. I can't recall what the problem was.  Did it  refuse to load an SACD?  Or did it just not want to play one? In any case, I eventually just junked the Marantz and bought a Sony 54000es. I don't wanna jinx nothin', but the Sony not only sounds better than the Marantz ever did, it's worked absolutely flawlessly since day one.

The laser needs to focus on two specific lengths, one for CDs, the other, infinitesimally different: SACD layer. They get old/weak, and out of alignment, quite difficult to re-align a new one if you can find it.

I suggest: find your model on eBay, a lightly used one (not many hours on the laser)

a. your exact model, keep yours for parts.

b. similar Marantz model

c. YES, get thee a Sony xa5400ES player. It is awesome, here’s my story:

There in lies the problem with SACD I was going to buy one from my dealer he told me not to as they all had limited lifespans it didn't matter how high price on one you got they all were short lived and then you had a cd player it is the SACD part that he told me went bad. 

I have bought about 7 SACD players in my life.  I never had a problem with any of them.  I owned one Marantz but traded it in after 2 years.  I had a Marantz streamer that was awful and they failed to support even when it was under warranty.

There do seem to be a lot of posts on Agon about Marantz SACD failing and Marantz service being MIA