Are Tube Buffers for real or even worth it ?

Currently on one of my set ups I’m running a Carver TFM-35X amp through a Parasound ZPre3 Preamp to some Maggi .7’s.  Being I really prefer a tube sound I was wondering if I picked up a Tube Buffer for a few bucks and ran it from the output of the Parasound preamp to the input of the Carver TFF-35x amp would it tame the carver’s output to more of a warmer tube type sound out of the Maggi’s? Has anyone tried anything like this and been happy with the results? 

The Amp is a beast but just a tad Solid State sounding for my taste but kicks butt none the less. 

Any thoughts? 

128x128flasd

I' purchased a new itube2 late March 2018 and it and system has been running 24/7 (fingers crossed) Many pieces (streamers, amps, couple of dacs, wiring, power supplies, TVs, speakers etc) many multiples of its cost have come and some gone but after I heard what it does I've not had a desire to run without it. Sources are Qobuz/Tidal/TV. Everything solid state except for the iTube2 in unity gain. I've enjoyed this amazing piece the last 4 years, hope I didn't just jinx the tube lol.

Tried one with my SS gear years ago (also to a TFM amp) and the overall effect was zilch, not to mention it had a horrific turn on transient. It didn't give me anything like the wonderful results I got when I bought a Jolida tube pre. I gave the buffer away. All tube now and glad of it.

The iFi Micro iTube2 seems interesting, but they seem to be long gone. Any alternatives?

@pedroeb 

Wow, I had no idea that they discontinued the iTube2. What a shame, but it sure seems to be the case searching around. Incredible little piece of equipment. If you can snag one used, I would still recommend that.