Dynaudio Special 40

I have been curious about these speakers for a while when a used pair came up locally. I got them and have been more than pleased. They are amazing. They present the music in a lifelike tonally pleasing manner. Exciting without being fatiguing. Great balance and excellent bass for a bookshelf. They outperform my CSS Criton TH1=X and JBL 1600 HDI speakers which are very good in themselves.

I've been listening to them via a Unico Primo and some Schiit gear. The bass is augmented with a SCS 3000 Micro sub. 

Just thought I'd share my thoughts in case someone is thinking about these speakers. The ones I got were flawless and in the red finish. Very attractive. 

fredcdobbs

from my experience with dynaudio bookshelfs,countour LE could play louder without distortion compared to c1,which at louder volume started to compress sound very much

Marvelous speaker. Got a almost new pair for 2K. Running with a Pass labs integrated 60. It’s a wonderful combination.

Are you experiencing any of the cabinet resonances that Stereophile complained of?

I own a pair of special forty’s they need power to drive them. I had a 20 watt tube amplifier driving them.Then I upgrade my amplifier to a musical fidelity m6si They made those speakers sing.

Love my special 40’s driven my my pass int 60. I love the midrange on them. Great with vocals.  I have a pass int 250 on the way to really make then sing!