Best bookshelf/stand mount speakers

Hello everyone. I tried moving my speakers in the room several times and in different places, but still not able to achieve that "it" that everyone is chasing. Currenlty running a pair of Penaudio Serenades on a VAC PHI Beta integrated amp. All first class equipment (as much as I can afford) and was thinking on switching now to smaller form factor speakers to hopefully better compensate for my room deficiencies. I know that this is a whole different topic, but please stay with me for a minute on this one....
I was looking at the Magico Mini II, Q1s, or TAD Compact. Absolutely glorious sound, but unfortunatelly out of my league...
Can anyone please make a suggestion on something similar size and performance wise?
Thank you in advance for your help!
128x128fffccc
This conversation, today, would also have to include the Salk Silk. Pulsars for less than half the price? Pretty much. Raal tweeter. Scanspeak Illuminator mid/woofer putting out sick amounts of bass from a 5 1/4 driver. Crazy detail and neutrality. Rock solid imaging. Not the most efficient speaker, but that's about the entire list of shortcomings I've noticed.

Jim Salk is a stand-up guy with terrific customer satisfaction instincts and communication skills. The Silks play lower than the larger Reference 3a mm De Capo i's I replaced -- with a smaller woofer. The imaging precision difference is immediately noticeable. I LOVED the De Capos! But the Silks? With that stunning (standard) veneer? Wow.
I think Ridge Street Sason's should be in this conversation as well
Excellent stand mounts
If you're talking BEST stand-mounted speakers, I would suggest what I have: Trenner & Friedl ARTs on dedicated Sound Anchor stands.
$4k for the speakers. $750 for the stands.