$5K KUZMA TONEARM FOR ONLY $690! Gryphon Diablo for Only $699!

Audiogon is being infested by scammers! These are obviously fake ads designed to steal your hard-earned dollars. The thing that really irks me is that they were allowed to be posted. They all come from new members with zero feedback.

aisip

What is the fee to place an Ad' No Fees are a magnet to a Scam Sale.

The Scam Items will most likely diminish if a charge is to be incurred.

When I challenged one seller of the many received Scam Sale contacts made, following my inquiry as a wanted Ad' for a Cartridge from a few years past, the Scam Seller contacted me and asked what was it with all my issues, just send the 700 euro's. Interestingly a contact has very recently been made through this forum for the same Cart' wanted inquiry.

Yes, I agree more needs to be done. I have been ripped off multiple times to the tune of thousands of dollars (hard work at an hourly wage by this un-retired, hobbled working senior citizen) and had PayPal side with a scammer on a McIntosh integrated because the scammer delivered a .10 pound package to general delivery in my mailing address’s city of record. AG was no help. 

Scammers will always be with us.

As they are rarely caught the best solution is to drastically up the penalties for those who are.  The US is very good at severe penalties.  Shall we say 3 years prison for a first offence, 20 years for the second?

But we must just all be on our toes and operate safeguards.  As has been said, if the offer is a crazy bargain it must be a scam.  Scammers rely on our greed.

It isn't going away. As a matter of fact, it will probably get more intelligent. All you can do is protect yourself. Be vigilant. Don't buy if it doesn't seem right. Not buying it on the front end is much easier than buying on the back end and asking someone to correct the indiscretion. You can not expect the moderators to fix all of the unsavory transactions.