Turntable noobie...what advice do you have?

As this forum has corrupted me and I have decided to dive down the rabbit hole of LP's.  Usually I stream but I find the tactile experience of records appealing.  I have ordered a Pro-ject RPM-3 Carbon with Sumiko Amethyst cartridge and a Mobile Fidelity StudioPhono preamp. Oh, and a record brush.  I will be plugging them into my Voyager GAN amp and from there powering my LSA 20 Statement speakers.

I know there is always better equipment to get but I feel this gives a good starting point.  I picked up some new records but a half dozen does not a record collection make.  So I do plan on making my focus for the near future getting more and expanding my collection.  I listen to all kind of music so they will be many different genres.  I will be getting new ones but I will undoubtedly get some used ones too.  

Okay, so what all would you recommend for someone just getting into this hobby?  Especially if I am getting any used records, I should probably look at a record cleaner.  What else for equipment or doodads?  What about tricks or tips for increasing my collection?  In my city there is a record store called Music Millennium that I will be checking out and there of course if Barnes and Noble (where I purchased my other ones).  Do you know of places online  I should check out?  Thanks in advance for your advice. 

ddonicht
Post removed 
Post removed 

Music Millennium? You must be in Portland - like me! Great place. Definitely check out Mississippi Records, Tomorrow Records (lower Hawthorne), Exiled Records (upper Hawthorne), and Dig Vinyl in Sellwood. Discogs online is fun - once you find trusted sellers with great ratings and quick responses and a big supply to choose from.

Seems a very nice setup for getting into Vinyl.

Dust cover?

I'd like to hear that cartridge.

Learn the Goldmine Standard of record grading &  to sight grade a used LP so that you have a good idea of whether it has surface noise. I do NOT buy anything under a VG+ grade. Read the Goldmine grading scale and learn it. Find used sellers that grade  use Goldmine correctly. A VG record does NOT play great. That is sales talk and it is wrong. leave the VG's to the record collectors  who just want it for their collection.

There are lots of new reissues on the market. They are good but generally have the new cost whereas, you can get some good records for $5, depending on your location. It was only 2 yrs ago I picked up some NM in the $1 section. It was some lesser known artists. But I listen to a lot of lesser knowns. Besides, it adds to the thrill when that $1 record has some really good music with no SN. . 😀 There is a lot of good music out there.Have fun