High current power cables

Hello,

How come some manufacturers offer high current power cables for use with amplifiers and some don't? Is this to say that the companies who don't offer one have designed their power cables to work in any application? 

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

Kijanki is right. Consider also, other, reasons why good power cables are beneficial for audio. Lower (contact) resistance for example, quicker rise times when pulling current from the net, less cross-contamination (EMI & RFI) by shielding or by geometry type between components. Sometimes changing one cable can make a difference for another cable in your system. Separation (less noise pickup) can have an effect, don't use sharp bends, cross at 90 degrees. I can also endorse Willie's observations. 

10ga solid core is my minimum

@kijanki that is a good point. I am normally dealing on much smaller scales, so don't naturally think of these things. From a pure extracted parasitics view, spacing out the conductors will cause the inductance to go up which will soften power peaks. That may be beneficial for noise. Having an air dielectric will slightly reduce capacitance, but for a power cable, that would be a detriment. The claimed benefit appears to be around reduced dielectric absorption which would be an irrelevant parameter for a power cable, or speaker cable.  Back of envelope suggests it would be irrelevant for any cable in audio due to the comparatively low source or load impedances. It has criticality in some electronics, where very high impedances are used.

Now @clearthink , in another thread I said I was not an acoustics expert, which I am not, but I said my physics are above average. Significantly above average would be more correct.

Now I will ask kindly that you stop the drive by insults that are humorous, but also annoying and distracting to the thread.

I am quite certain I grasp the "facts" to a far greater degree than you, and if you would like to challenge your physics knowledge to mine, I am up for it. Formulas at 20 paces?

I want to ensure that members distinguish me and my posts from the condescending unhelpful posts of another member just above who has a handle rather similar to mine.