Bluesound Node 2 vs. Node (2021)

I am currently enjoying an older Node 2 and wondering if I my sound quality might benefit from an upgrade to the new, 3rd generation, Node (2021).  My system: Network > Node 2 (via Cat5e) > Chord Qutest DAC (via Coaxial) > Hegel H190 (via analog) > Magnepan 1.7i.  I'm only using the Node's WiFi for control via the Blue OS app on a tablet.

Thoughts?

skirescue911

Marco 

I don't know if your concerns about the USB connection has anything to do with the recent firmware update but after reading the Bluesound forum there seems to be a bug with the latest update and the USB connection. They are looking into it. Shouldn't stop you from purchasing one if you do not already have one. At least you have a big company to support the product.

Thanks evank.  That's exactly what I'm trying to determine.  Like i said I've seen mixed reports whether the usb is actually working now but haven't thought to check the Bluesound forum.  Do you by chance have a link to the dicussion you're referring too?

Thank, Marco

If you go to the forum the first page has some users asking various questions about Usb 

Thanks.  Just spent the last hour reading through. Seems like problems with usb out are still ongoing.  Too bad a company of this size cannot come up with a reliable fix after 6 months.