Bluesound Node 2 vs. Node (2021)

I am currently enjoying an older Node 2 and wondering if I my sound quality might benefit from an upgrade to the new, 3rd generation, Node (2021).  My system: Network > Node 2 (via Cat5e) > Chord Qutest DAC (via Coaxial) > Hegel H190 (via analog) > Magnepan 1.7i.  I'm only using the Node's WiFi for control via the Blue OS app on a tablet.

Thoughts?

skirescue911

Showing 6 responses by marco1

Can someone who is using the new Node confirm that usb out actually works now?  I've recieved mixed reports.  

Thanks, Marco

@evank  when you say you're using coax vs. spdif they're actually the same ;-)  Do you by chance mean you're using the usb out with your new Node?  Still trying to confirm that the usb out on the new Node is actually working now.

Thanks, Marco

Thanks evank.  That's exactly what I'm trying to determine.  Like i said I've seen mixed reports whether the usb is actually working now but haven't thought to check the Bluesound forum.  Do you by chance have a link to the dicussion you're referring too?

Thank, Marco

Thanks.  Just spent the last hour reading through. Seems like problems with usb out are still ongoing.  Too bad a company of this size cannot come up with a reliable fix after 6 months.

OP sorry for hijacking your thread but at least you'll know whether to ditch your transparent cable in favor of usb :-)