Why is used audio equipment so undesirable?

I’ve upgraded many things over the past couple years and quite frankly there is limited interest and not much to be gained by getting rid of unused equipment. My dealer doesn’t want it. And it’s all fairly new stuff within a few years. It’s easier just to box it and store it away and give it to someone if a situation ever arises. Selling it is ridiculous as I’m lucky to get 30 or 40% Plus all the hassle negotiating when selling, so I keep it.

It’s risky buying used audio equipment so there is no interest even for very nice units. So I’ve got nearly half dozen pieces taking up a lot of space all sitting in their original boxes and maybe next time I buy some new speakers I’ll prepare a list and get a few thousand dollars after paying nearly 4 to 5 time more when new.

Would I buy a used preamp or speakers for $15-$20,000? that might be very risky. So I guess I understand why used audio is not that desirable. After buying something used, you may wonder if it would have sounded different if I bought it new? And there in lies the quandry

Much easier buying a used car.

emergingsoul

As a result of reading through each of the comments I have come to some revelations and they are as follows:

I put the above through Google translate (English > Troll), and this was the result:

"If you didn't understand that I was trolling you with my initial post, perhaps this will clarify the matter."

You've read every post and came to those conclusions?

You need to turn in your Ace Ventura junior detective badge...

@emergingsoul The only thing I gather you ever believed and continue to believe, is that new gear is inherently better than used gear. Nothing will ever change your mind

OP, “some revelations and they are as follows:”

Those are valid for me as well.

There are some folks that love pursuing and swapping… reselling and constantly changing. There is nothing wrong with this… it is the journey they like not the destination.

For me, it is the destination. After the first few years of learning and finally assembling my first satisfying system I generally had about seven years of really great musical enjoyment and no system changes. Then I would have enough additional income to make an incremental step up. The destination always my objective. Sounds like that may be true for you as well.