best amp for a Maggy 1.7i

I am looking for the most detailed amp for a 1.7i under $1,500.

The amp will be between the 1.7i and a Topping d70s. I use the d70s to control the volume.

The d70s is fed by a Bluesound Node. Or, sometimes, directly by a CD player.

I have a fetish for detail.

I’m thinking NAD 268.

Currently using a B&K EX-442 Sonata and not satisfied.

jros

Never owned ML’s or Maggie’s, if they are at all bright, those emo amps would not fit well. They are overly bright in treble, mid and have high gain, which promotes tweeter hiss, but you don’t need worry about that. 

To the OP and many others about the out of budget amps I had suggested JC1 and Musical Fidelity. My apologies for not staying within budget. If it were me, I would get a used amp that is dual mono and high current and use those until my budget would allow the bigger amps. Parasound, Adcom and Aragon are all older units that one might get used within the budget. I have heard the 1.7 with amps that sounded ok and amps that were high current and the speakers always sounded better with the higher current. I have MMGs that are driven by a Marantz receiver preamp and Adcom dual mono amp in my bedroom and it sounds pretty good. Just my two cents...

((((Currently using a B&K EX-442 Sonata and not satisfied.))))

Take the digital out of the Blue sound in to any pre owned Bryston Dac that you can afford. This will be responsible for another level of realism and detail improvement and then plug the BK 442 right into the wall.

Best JohnnyR Magnepan Dealer NJ