Luxman D03X vs D10X

Folks,

I have been seriously contemplating moving from Luxman D03X to Luxman D10X.. But before I do such a thing, I'd like to do thorough research and any help or advice from someone who have owned these or not, would be great. Here are some spec details. The D03X uses Texas Instruments PCM1795 DA chips with SNR of 123db and a sample max rate of 200Khz resolution of 32bits. The D10X employs ROHMs BD34301EKV DA chips with SNR of 130db and a sample maxx rate of 768Khz and resolution of 32bits. How much of audible difference would these make? also the D10X support SACD decoding.. thanks in advance..

rman9

rman9

In my auditions, I found the ARC CD9 slightly more musical than the D-03x. Very subtle in presentation and sound. To date I have not auditioned the CD9SE nor D-10x.  At this level of price and performance, it is a matter of taste. It is too bad that ARC never delved into SACD playback.

Happy Listening!

@jafant agree on ARC not supporting SACD.. Otherwise it'd be an easy choice.. They can work little bit on the aesthetics.. I find the handles very unappealing.. 

The CDS9E has tubes and it runs real hot..

I tried the Chord M Scaller going into the D10x. I was disappointed. I preferred what I was getting from my Singxer SU-6 reclocker. The Chord was a tad warmer, resolution and sound stage was the same between the 2. Tonal density and liquidity is where the Singxer outclassed the Chord. I'm returning the Mscaller tomorrow. I will note that I used a $5 adapter on the BNC output of the mscaller to convert it to an RCA connection in order to use my existing coaxial cable. I don't think the adapter would make a huge difference but who knows.

@arize84 thanks for the update on the Chord.. it's hard to tell if adapters would degrade the signal, but you'd have to trust your ears. I have decided to stay put on the D03X.. I am sticking with it.. I brought home the Luxman 509X and 550AXii for side by side demo.. No question in my mind, the 550AXii is the clear winner. I am getting that instead of bumping the D03X to the D10X. This way I have the Luxman Integrated(550AXii) and Separates (D03X, C900U and M10X) to listen to.. 

rman9

An update- how are you enjoying the Luxman D-03x?

Happy Listening!