Cornwall IV – tube (amp) choice

I recently bought the Cornwall IVs and even while running with my old and small Rotel amp they make me pretty happy. But having listened to them plugged to a tube amp in the shop this will be the next investment. And with no proper shop around where I can compare different models and different tube types I´m depending on other people´s experiences. I know that once I have any amp here tube rolling will be the next thing to try but for now I´d like to know if someone can tell me something about different tube types or amps that work well with the Cornwall IVs (or similar sounding speakers).

Of course I´m looking for the warmth that the current amp does not provide. Also it seems that the highs are a bit too pronounced, so I´m willing to trade some of those in if it means gaining more low-mids and lows. Having said that, I´m not looking for boom, just a little more cozyness.

Some tube amps I came across:

lab12 integr4 (KT150)
Primaluna evo 300 (EL34 – I´m a bit afraid of the evo 400, 8 power tubes are a bit intimidating when it comes to rolling or exchanging broken tubes)
Willsenton R800i (300B / 805)

My desired price range is up to $3.000 but well, the primaluna are already above that limit.
As you can see I´m not afraid of chinese brands. I´m living in Europe and dependend on what´s available here.

chmaiwald

Bought this integrated tube amp to power ALTEC Lansing A7-8 VOT speakers. Similar in size and sensitivity to the Cornwalls. Could not be happier. Only 10 WPC but it easily fills a 25'X25' with a 10' peaked ceiling. 85-90db at 1/3 power. Pure Japanese goodness.

Post removed 

I bought the Enleum 23R in December to drive my Cornwall IVs.  It's a fantastic match in my system including the Aurender W20SE, Holo May KTE, Rega P10 and Luxman EQ-500.  I also use a REL S5 subwoofer.  Steve Guttenberg just today did a review of the 23R driving the Cornwall IV.  Here's a link to that review:

He's right about the 23R being a world class headphone amp as well.  It drives my Susvara, Abyss 1266TC, Focal Utopia and ZMF Verite like no other headphone amp I've ever owned and I've owned a bunch.

I have a "high output" Dennis Had Firebottle that has 4 tubes and 12 to 17WPC. He does still make these sometimes and might make one for you if you email him (Ebay mail).